How to......Apply for British certification and tax relief

In order to qualify for the UK’s creative sector tax reliefs, all films, animation and television programmes or video games must be certified as British through the cultural test or qualify as an official co-production to support the production of film and high-end TV across the UK, further, the government will provide £2.1 million of new funding next year for the British Film Commission and the British Film Institute Certification Unit. Furthermore, the government will review public investment in Research & Development spending for the creative industries to a Spending Review timeframe.

Find out how to qualify your film, high-end television programme, animation programme, children’s television programme or video game as British.