Let us know if you need to share a Job advert for the entertainment, creative, and cultural industries. We will post a link to your organisation’s Job Page. We are happy to help our friends in the Education and Training network too.
All adverts must include a Job Title, Full Description, Salary, How to Apply, and Location as a minimum.
Please complete this form
Job of the week: Human Resources Advisor
The Backstage Centre’s training partners are excited to reveal an opportunity to work in HR. Here’s the advert:
South Essex College Group is the largest provider of technical and vocational education and training for 16-18-year-olds, adults, and apprenticeship provision within Essex – and we are growing! We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Certified CIPD HR Adviser with experience and knowledge in; performance management, sickness management, generalist employee relations, and organisational change to join our HR Team. We are looking for specialist skills in HR policy development focussing on pay & reward along with health and wellbeing with the ability to use initiative and work autonomously.
Working as part of a team you will help the line managers to deliver excellent people management using the College’s policies and procedures, working to support all aspects of employee relations and organisational change as they arise.
The successful person will have the following essential skills/experience:
• CIPD Qualification (Chartered or Chartered Fellow)
• Knowledge and experience in the application of Employment Law
• Experience of advising line managers on the rights and obligations of employers and employees arising from the contact of employment, College policies, procedures and practices.
• Excellent prioritisation skills and time management
• Experience in managing a caseload and respecting strict confidentiality. • A proven track record of identifying and delivering practical and effective HR solutions that meet customers need. The following experience would be advantageous:
• Experience of safeguarding (DCPO)
• Mental Health First Aid trained, or willing to train.
• Experience of policy and procedural development
• Experience of developing / implementing pay & reward strategies • Organisational change and TUPE legislation • Health and Wellbeing programmes
• Project management • Excellent IT / Reporting skills
As well as a competitive salary, South Essex College offers a variety of benefits;
• 30 days holiday
• 8 Bank holidays
• College closure days •
20.1% Local Government Pension contribution.
Free parking on campuses (subject to permit application)
• Training and Development
• Various other benefits are available, such as free breakfast, eye tests, free flu jabs, cycle-to-work schemes, RAC discounts, and more!
If you want to be part of a motivated, hardworking, and inspiring team then please apply today! We can’t wait for you to join this fantastic department and work with our amazing HR Team.
The College is committed to the safeguarding of all its students, staff, and visitors and provides a safe physical environment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with a Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please be advised that only applications made via our recruitment portal will be considered
Job Type: Full-time Salary: £29,332.00-£31,084.00 per year Benefits:
• Additional leave
• Company events
• Company pension
• Discounted or free food
• Gym membership
• Work from home
• Monday to Friday Ability to commute/relocate:
• Southend-on-Sea: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Human resources: 1 year (preferred) Licence/Certification: • CIPD (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Southend-on-Sea Reference ID: 4125