Tours and workshops for education, community and industry
Jake Taylor, 01 Dec 2014
Find out about our tours, taster sessions, workshops and masterclasses.
We run tours and workshops at The Backstage Centre for everyone from schools to community groups.
Groups can join us for an hour long tour, or choose to spend the whole day at the centre.
Take a tour of The Backstage Centre
- £5 per person
- For groups of between five and 20 people
- Tours last approximately an hour
Why not try a taster session with your group after your tour?
We run taster sessions in sound, lighting, set design, costume design and prop making. These can be tailored appropriately to age group and can support National Curriculum subjects such as Design and Technology, Science and Art and Design.
- Taster sessions with a tour can last up to three hours.
- Half day visits including a tour and taster session start at £250+VAT
- A full day visiti including a tour and taster session start at £450+VAT
Our masterclasses are delivered by our partners in the creative industries.
- Industry practioners will teach your group skills
- They will also give them an insight into what it is like to work in their industry
- Masterclasses are suitable for FE and HE students and when booked with a tour cost between £750+VAT and £2000+VAT for the day.
We can offer masterclasses in the following areas:
- Sound (Live)
- Sound (Recording studio)
- Lighting Design
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Prop Making
- Theatrical Hair
- New Technology in Lighting
- Projection for Theatre
- Acting for the Screen
How to book
To find out more or book an activity, please contact us.
For groups of children under 18, a minimum of one adult is required per 10 children. Not suitable for anyone under the age of eight.