The Backstage Centre offers a dedicated meeting point for technicians, producers, creative teams and learners of all ages. We offer space to train and learn at every stage of your career, whether you're a world-renowned international artist or a young person taking your first career steps.
Working with the Further Education sector, the National College and industry training providers, we deliver training that helps to develop the technical skills and expertise needed to support the fast-growing music, theatre and live events industries.
We aim to enable these industries to achieve their economic potential.
Backstage training for young people
The Backstage Centre offers young learners:
- The chance to experience real-time training with some of the world’s best bands and theatre companies.
- A training experience within a large-scale, industry-standard venue.
- Practical experience of working in a real-world environment.
South Essex College will be running their BTEC Production Arts (Technical) from The Backstage Centre, offering students the unique experience of learning in a professional space
National College for the Creative and Cultural Industries
The Backstage Centre is providing learning space for the first ever National College for the Creative and Cultural Industries, which includes learners for a new Professional Diploma in Technical and Production at Level 4.
Visit the Creative & Cultural Skills website to find out more and apply.
Training for experienced performing arts professionals
For those already working in the industry, The Backstage Centre offers:
- A purpose-built facility for rehearsing and preparing productions.
- The opportunity to test and develop new equipment, techniques and training.
By training in our unique space, technicians can ensure they remain at the top of their field.
Find out more about training with us